Thesis Update (Dayna)

I don’t want to say too much about my thesis in order to keep people fresh for playtesting (and hope to pull in most of us for playtesting/collaboration at some point) –

However, I did a playtest on Monday evening with Dani and two other people (a friend of mine from Computational Media and a friend of mine who’s a CS/Lit graduate from UCSC who has done several playtests with me–or, as I like to call them, “Friends of the Program.”)

A lot of good ideas came out of that, like Titles instead of names for the character cards, more leading questions, and ofc what worked and didn’t work about the structure/gameplay loop. Enjoy some concept art:

Decorative, gold filigree and roses decorate a vellum-style cover with "Bluestockings" as the title

This won’t be the final title cover – the final title cover won’t be red-pink. It’ll be multi-color with blue included based on some feedback and not needing/wanting to push an uphill battle.

Thesis concept: tt rpg designed to be played digitally (effortless in the digital realm, playtested and designed in the digital realm), set in salon-era France with predominantly-women characters and collaborative problem solving (as opposed to combat, the “original” problem-solving mechanism of tt rpg’s).